Wednesday 17 August 2016

Anushka is not getting married to Virat and wants people to stop talking about her love life


She's fierce on-screen and off and this time she wants people to lay off her equation with Virat Kohli. Marriage or no marriage, Anushka Sharma is done talking about her love life.
In an interview with DNA India, the Sultan actor was unapologetic in calling out the media for poorly handling her relationship with the Indian cricketer.
"I have nothing to say about it [getting back together with Kohli]," she says. "I don’t want to talk about my personal life. I feel the Indian media doesn’t have the maturity to deal with it. They can’t understand when we are open about our relationships. I was open about my relationship, I spoke about it and I thought that would be respected, but it’s not. People don’t know what to do with it. "
Considered one of Bollywood's most talented actors, Anushka Sharma is tired of having her work tossed in the sidelines as her relationship takes centre stage in the media.
"The focus is completely taken away from my work. While I was in this relationship, I was doing the best work of my life. I was getting appreciation for the films I was doing then, but suddenly, it’s only about my relationship! I think it happens more with girls. There is more to us than who you are dating, what you are wearing..." she complains.
And don't even get her started on marriage. "What the hell is this obsession about marriage? Why are you trying to make it seem like I am packing my bags and going away after I get married? This whole thing about marriage is like she doesn’t want to work after she gets married. Why?," asks Anushka.
"Nobody would dare ask my family about my marriage. My parents are very progressive, though they come from a small town. It’s all in our minds. Nobody would even dare to ask me when my brother is getting married. And if they do, my parents say, 'Unki life hai, jab unko karna hai woh karenge, humko kuch lena nahi hai unki shaadi se'," she adds.
"And asking for grandchildren is such a selfish motive for getting married. I don’t understand this fascination and obsession with people’s marriages. When Rani Mukerji got married, nobody knew," she points out.
Anushka may not want marriage at this point in her life, but she does plan on getting married and having children.
"I want to get married, of course. I would like to have a family. Even though I am an actor, I am a very simple and normal person and I have always maintained a simple life. I feel marriage will happen when it has to. I will get married when I am mentally ready for it. A marriage is not a joke. It’s not like ‘Oh shaadi hai toh karle!’ You have to be mentally ready to spend your life with another person. It’s not just about you, but about the other person also and then at that point you need to be ready to have a dual interest. Mentally, when I reach that stage, I will get married," she says.
And validating Anushka's stance of the Indian media being immature, the publication asked Anushka what her reaction would be if she were offered a film opposite Virat, to which she fittingly replies, "I don’t want to talk about it at all."
More power to you, Anushka!

No comments:

Post a Comment